Adobe is not only famous for its great software that became de-facto standard of the industry. The side effect of its populaity is that it is a common target for attacks. This is an official position describing excessive frequency of Adobe software updates.
Known Update Targets
- Adobe Acrobat-Reader
- Flash Player
- Adobe AIR (coming soon)
- Adobe Creative Suite (coming soon)
What Adobe update is the most annoying?
Category: Adobe, Total votes: 496
Official Ways for Disabling
Adobe offers several official ways of disabling Adobe software updates. See  for disabling Acrobat and Reader updates,  for disabling Flash updates,  and  for disabling updates of Creative Suite with versions 3-4 and 5 respectively.
Support by Update Freezer
- Adobe Acrobat-Reader Updater (Acrobat 9.2 and Reader 8.1.7 and later) is disabled/enabled via registry as described in .
- Flash Player Updater (Flash Player 8 or later) is disabled/enabled via mms.cfg file as described in .
- Adobe AIR Updater is not supported.
- Adobe Creative Suite Updater is not supported.
Drawbacks of Update Freeze
By disabling automated updates you have a risk to stay unprotected from vulnerabilities covered by regular maintenance updates of software. This is especially important for Adobe software since it is the biggest attack vendor for the latest viruses. See  for more information.
Adobe help topic on disabling Acrobat and Reader updates
Adobe help topic on disabling Flash Player updates
Adobe help topic on disabling Creative Suite 3 updates
Adobe help topic on disabling Creative Suite 5 updates
BLADE malware URL analysis results
Acrobat Help / Enterprise administration | Acrobat products